Bang goes the Arch
But ever since, the project has still been working away, and, due to some rather scary issues on Tecra with Ubuntu Maverick, I decided to give it a shot.
The install process was the same as any Arch system, and is easily followed. Once installed, and booted, straight away your given a working Openbox environment, with a generous helping of different applications, enough to satisfy most needs. After a little bit of tinkering, using the configs from my Maverick setup, I was left with this.
The speed is very good. It boots from Grub to a login in 23secs, from my 8GB CF card. The default install weighs in at about 2GB, and the desktop is snappy.
There are more applications than I really have time to talk about, so I’d encourage you to download the LiveCD, and give it a try :)
Filed under: ArchBang, Operating Systems, Posts | 3 Comments
Tags: ArchBang, Openbox, Tecra
AMD64 Apt Apt-Cacher Apt-Cacher-NG Arch ArchBang Artic Silver 5 Backups Bang86 Broadband Celeron CentOS Cleaning Clonezilla Compiz Conky copy recursively CPU Crunchbang Debian DPKG Ebay find Firefox Flash Gnome GRUB GTk Hardware Heatsink HowTo Jesred Karmic Laptop Linux LUbuntu Maverick Network New Computer NTFS Nvidia Office 2007 Openbox Operating Systems Packages Packard Bell Pentium Pentium IV Perlico PIII postaweek2011 Posts Proxy RAID Repairs RSync Sensors Server Size Mismatch Snow Squid SSH Synaptic System64 Tecra terminal commands Themes Ubuntu Upgrade USB VNC W2K3 Windows Wine Xubuntu 9.10
- HOWTO: Repair a broken Ext4 Superblock in Ubuntu
- HOWTO: Fix an NTFS partition in Ubuntu
- HOWTO: Mount Partitions in Terminal - FSTab
- HOWTO: Start VirtualBox VM on boot - Windows
- HOWTO: Disable Suspend and Hibernate – Ubuntu
- HOWTO: Allow SSH logins from Anywhere
- HOWTO: Apt-Cacher-NG on Ubuntu
- HOWTO: Change Framebuffer in Grub - Debian
- HOWTO: StartX automatically on Login - Ubuntu
- HOWTO: Completely Remove ubuntu-desktop
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.